How To Install Kodi On A FireStick
If you are like me and love watching Movies, TV shows and Sport then you have to install Kodi on your Amazon Fire TV Stick.
Kodi is an open source media player that was formally known as XBMC that is capable of streaming media in several ways such as from a local HDD or over the Internet.
Over the last few years it has been best known as a software for streaming media such as Films, TV Shows and Sport from the internet to your TV via a device such as the Fire TV Stick.
One of the best ways i have found to run Kodi is on the Amazon Fire TV Stick, this small device usually cost about £35 and is capable of running Kodi Without any problems.
To install Kodi on your Amazon Fire TV Stick please follow the bellow tutorial.
Install Guide – Your stick must be connected to the internet and have a registered amazon account logged in on it for this to work. No steps in this tutorial will cost you any money and using Kodi is completely free.
This tutorial does not require the use of a computer.
- The first step is to turn on your FireStick
- Then go to Settings
- Select System
- Select Developer Options
- Turn on both ADB Debugging & Apps From Unknown Sources
- Install ES File Explorer from the Amazon AppStore on your stick.
- Once ES File Explorer is installed you can open it from the FireStick menu under the Apps tab.
- Select Favorite from the ES File Explorer menu the click on Add.
- A popup window will appear, please enter the following link https://kodi.tv/download/ then press next and enter the text Kodi. This will save the new link.
- Next select the new Kodi link from the left hand menu. This will open a page similar to the one shown below.
- Next you want to navigate to the ARM link in the window that opens on the right. This can be pretty fiddly so please be patient. The download may begin by itself but if it does not you can follow the steps below – if the download did begin please go to step 16 of the tutorial.
- Next you want to navigate to the bottom of the page where the three dots are located and it says More. You can see this at the very bottom right hand corner of the screen. Once this is selected you should press on the Open in new browser option.
- The download should now begin if it did not before after clicking the ARM link.
- Once this has competed please select Open File.
- Then select Install twice as shown in the below images.
- Kodi should now install – Select OK if asked to delete unused APK to save data – Then select Open.
- Kodi should now open.
- Below is what Kodi looks like when opened.
- Kodi is now installed and ready to use. If you would like to use it to watch movies, TV shows and sport then you will either have to install some addons or install a complete build that contains several addons already installed.
Please remember this is only a tutorial and we do not maintain or own Kodi. We also do not condone the illegal streaming of any copyrighted material from the internet.
Thanks for visiting.